I just got through another one of Dr. Gupta's lectures about Business Intelligence Systems. Dr. de Jong's Investments class was cancelled for the day because we have a take home exam due on Wednesday. I decided to hit the UNF library so I could work on it some more. I got the bulk of it finished over the weekend but am hung up on a particular problem about finding the minimum variance portfolio of three securities. It's frustrating because we have been using Excel for all of our problems in class, but what we have practiced doesn't seem to be working correctly for this problem...and my calculus skills are very limited. Students going into the MBA program should be required to take a calculus refresher course if they have been out of school for over a certain period. I started using calculus again last semester, a solid 9 years after my last calculus experience. I'm sure I'll be fine since the problem is for extra credit, but I get into competitions with myself over these things. Time to get over it and go home!
Monday, February 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Nice post nerd.
ReplyDelete